Privacy | Ultimate Lightning McQueen™
Last Updated: May 23, 2018
Sphero, Inc. (“Sphero”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
1. Data We Collect. We collect Sensor Data, Mobile Data and Car Data, none of which is associated with any of your personal data:
- a) Sensor Data. You may choose to use certain features of the Application that require access to the microphone.
- b) Car Data. When you choose to associate your Car with the Application, the Car will transmit certain device information to the Application via Bluetooth and to Sphero, including information about turns, crashes, donuts, acceleration data, and the like. You may choose to use certain features of the Application that require access to the microphone.
- c) Mobile Data. We may also collect other information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application. Examples of information that may be collected and used include country and region of use, type of mobile device, mobile device software version, device carrier, Car and mobile device identifiers, date/time stamps, and diagnostic data regarding how you use the Application and your Car.
2. Use of Your Data. We use your Data as follows. You can stop future collection of data by the Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace where you obtained the Application.
- a) Sensor Data. We process this data on the Toy or your device, not as part of an information society service. We will obtain consent in the Application before collecting this data, and you may cease collection of this data at any time by consulting your Application’s settings. Specifically:
- We use Sensor Data from the Toy’s microphone to let you interact with Spider-Man or use the Watch With Me™ feature.
- b) Car Data and Mobile Data. We use the Car Data and Mobile Data for our legitimate business interests, including:
- to understand a user’s engagement in an activity or feature, for example which activities on the Toy the user played, time spent on activities, and data about any crashes during use;
- to operate our Application and Services, internal operations, and systems, along with the Service Companies;
- to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Application and Services;
- to provide, support, and maintain the Toy, Application, and features that enable people, including children, to enjoy the Toy and Application;
- to secure our platform and network, investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies, and to protect the safety of Personal Data, including to prevent exploitation or other harms to which users may be particularly vulnerable.