SPHERO LAUNCHES FUN-SIZED MINI BALL
Sep 29, 2017 Boulder, Colorado
Sphero, the leaders in Connected Play, announced today the release of Sphero Mini, a tiny app-enabled robotic ball. The tech-infused ball, about the same size as a standard ping pong ball, is derived from the tech company’s heritage robotic sphere, Sphero 2.0, which launched in 2013.
ITTY BITTY INOVATION:
Unique to Sphero Mini is a new way to play using facial expressions. Face Drive™ tracks expressions such as smiles, frowns, winks, head tilts and more to control the robot. Additional Sphero Mini features include:
Drive Mini using different modes with the Sphero Mini app – Joystick, Tilt, Slingshot, or Face Drive.
Sphero Mini can be used with the app as a video game controller. Play three games, with more updates on the way:
- Exile II: Use Mini as a controller to move and shoot spaceships.
- Lightspeed Drifter: Control a futuristic ship racing inside a tunnel with Mini.
- Round Trip: Rotate Mini to destroy a polygon of “bricks”.
Colorful, interchangeable shells available in five colors; blue, green, pink, orange and white.
TEENY TINY TECH:
- 10M Range, connect via Bluetooth
- Charge with the included micro USB
- LED lights glow in any color
- Gyroscope & Accelerometer
- Charge an hour, play for 45 minutes
- iOS 10+ & Android 5.0+ compatible
- Height: 42mm / Width: 42mm / Weight 46g
- Top speed 1m/s
- Accessories – miniture bowling pins and cones – included
“Sphero Mini encapsulates the technology our team has developed and perfected over the years into a smaller scale, all while only increasing the play experience,”
said Paul Berberian, CEO.