MAKE, CODE, AND SHARE WITH SPHERO EDU
May 24, 2017 Boulder, Colorado
Sphero , leaders in connected play, announced today the release of SPRK Lightning Lab – the latest version of the existing SPRK app. SPRK Lightning Lab is a hub for users to create, contribute, and learn with Sphero robots. Designed to foster active communication and collaboration between educators, students, makers, and parents on a global scale, this new platform will facilitate true community in a virtual space.
SPRK Lightning Lab Features
Program your Bot
- Download the Lightning Lab mobile app and program your robot utilizing block-based building.
- Save your work by creating an account and jump between the app and web platform.
- Share your programs with the community by making them public.
- View and share activities
- Browse creative activities made by Sphero and educators around the world.
- Create your own and share it with the community.
- Examples of activities include light painting and mimicking planetary motion with your robots.
- School Support
- Setup a virtual classroom with student logins and assign activities, track progress in real-time,
- and review student work.
- Sign in to Lightning Lab with your Clever account (more sign on services will be available in the
- Create a private activity and administer it to your class without sharing it to the entire community.
“The SPRK community spoke and we listened. Lightning Lab is a place for our community to inspire and be inspired,”
said Paul Berberian, CEO.
“Sphero is transforming education as students, teachers, parents, and makers express themselves through code, art, STEM, and hands-on experiments. We are committed to helping educators develop meaningful experiences with Sphero and collaborating on a global scale.”
The new SPRK Lightning Lab app is free and is available for download for iOS devices, Android phones and tablets, Amazon Fire devices and Nook® devices. SPRK Lightning lab is launching simultaneously with the global Hour of Code movement. Tens of millions of students will be participating in Hour of Code during December 7-13, in celebration of Computer Science Education Week . Additionally, the SPRK Lightning Lab platform was built in partnership with CWIST , a leader in engaged learning that provides web platform services.